HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Which Fuel?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CMI83
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am picking up a 1982 TE or TF Gemini ( not sure ) all stock. Wondering what fuel i am supposed to use and what fuels i might be able to use. Thanks,
Chris.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

With that old is'nt it just leaded?

Cheers
TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

methanol could yield some handy gains Wink
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

will also do a lot of wear too...

if i were in your sittyation i would go a 50/50 mix of premium (9Cool and LRP, or 1 week fill up with premium the next week fill up with LRP.
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

hehehe sittyation...

hi, im studying to be an archytekt
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

sittyation is scottish for situation...
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

or a giraffesman

aye be true
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

they were made for leaded fuel but you can use unleaded....thats what i used and what lots of other people do....supposedly can use unleaded due to the heads having "hardened valve stems" or some shit like that.

"don't blame me though" hehe
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

why the uncertainty??? its a well known fact it can be used without any problems, just be sure to use LRP often as well to give back some of the lubrication that is not found in premium fuel...
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

its the hardened valve seats i believe what u mean. due to it being an alloy head it has hardened valve seats that are suitable for running unleaded. you dont have to fill up on leaded....u can get a little orange tube thinggy(prolly not the exact name but will do for now) for a few dollars and that has replacment lubricants in it insted of using leaded. and it only costs a few dollars, less than the difference between a tank of leaded and unleaded. and u only need to use it every 3-4 fills....
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

If you run injection and dont run high comp or turbo dont use PLP.

I was told not to as it has a bit more crap in it which causes your injectors to get nice and clogged.

It basically does more harm than good in the wrong conditions.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

Does the same go for RB Gemini's?

Cheers
TuFf
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

my mate, being the dickhead he his runs his on leftover 2 stroke from the shed lol
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

i run premium unleaded in my g180 and naeer had any trouble since i put the motor in about 7000km ago. your meant to have hardened valve seats the run unleaded not like some old cast iron heads.
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Fuel? Reply with quote

appparently, if ya got a worked motor (high comp) non-turbo, BP ultimate is best, and for turboed g series use Shell optimax.

supposed to stop pinging and run better or some shit...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: