HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gypsy P/van

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUPALJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

Is there any thing that makes these vans special, better interiors or options? Just thought I would ask as there is one for sale in the Trading Post today!
BITZA
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

Same car but with wood grain dash, guages in the centre consul(lucky if they are still there),flash stickers on the outside, different trim on the seats, Maybe but not sure different ratio in the diff. Everything else is the same as regular gem van.
SUPALJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

Thanks BITZA was gonna go and have a look but if its not much different dont think I will bother.
SUPALJ
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

i think the gemini's were originally marketed to older families and then realised that the young couples liked the gemini's so they made all these special cars to target the young market as the young couples in those days "digged" panelvans
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

much the same reason that teenagers with raging hormones buy them today...
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

not only do they have the triple gauges..( rare ) but they have the left hand mirror and the factory tacho dash.. plus on the complience plates they have a stamped code authenticating that its a gypsy.. so you dont buy a mock up and get ripped off
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

they also came out with factory mudflaps, arial running up the pillar instead of straight out the 1/4 panel, and i think they had 13" mags from what i can tell in the picture of one in my gemini manual
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

so theyre sorta like a junior sandman is what youre saying?
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

probably. sandman on a budget
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Gypsy P/van Reply with quote

Pretty much.

It was the geminis way of cashing in on the sandman phase by creating its own version of one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: