HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

EFI G200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custom
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: EFI G200 Reply with quote

Hi guys, since I started reading the posts here a few days ago, I learnt quite abit about Gemis.
I have a Modified G200 in a TG Gemi that go's pretty hard at the moment, but I want to do some more to it without going Turbo or Nitro (although it would be bags of fun) Smile
Now... If I wanted to put an efi system onto a G200 carby engine, would this be possible?
Is there anything that needs modifying?
What $$$ am I looking at roughly?
Will it be worth it to inject it or just go Turb?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI G200 Reply with quote

I am thinking about doing this in the future.

Yes it is possible Smile

Theres 2 ways to do it.

Firstly use the inlet manifold from a piazza turbo. Bolts right up. But possibly hard to find.

Another option is to use a inlet manifold from a 2.6 rodeo and I believe it bolts right up. This will cost youaround $150-200 at the wreckers for manifold, throttle body, plenum and injectors.

The only modification required to the engine is some light grinding of the inlet ports (if a stock motor). If your motor is match ported theres chance its already been done enough. The reason for this is so the injectors spray freely, apparently theres an edge on the port that screws up the spray pattern by a tiny amount.

You will also need a computer, these range anywhere from $200 to thousands. I managed to pick up a microtech digi2 pro with everything for $400. This controls fuel and spark and is fully programmable.

You also need to sort out the dizzy, this is where I am yet to research but I believe a dizzy or internals from an RB will work to give you electronic ignition. Another option is to run a crank angle sensor.

If you plan on going turbo in the future this is a smart mod. Carby turbos, although fast dont hold a tune for long and are hard to tune properly. Where as EFI is very precise.
84 tg
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI G200 Reply with quote

hi
im doin pretty much the same but 2 an 1800.
how hard is it to wire the efi up is it posible to do it your self.
BITZA
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI G200 Reply with quote

2.6 manifold bolts up port runners are 36mm stock gem ports are anywere between 32mm and 34mm. There are a few different manifolds you can use not just the piazza one. The dizzy i am also playing with using bits from sigmas, xfs and custom making other bits.
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI G200 Reply with quote

As far as dizzy options go, have you considered the electronic ignition module from da L300 wit an electronic dizzy from a G200 and aftermarket leads to suit ????
BITZA
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI G200 Reply with quote

ignition module from the sigma is the same its the electrics in the dizzy itself other than aftermarket stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: