HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

A dash of a different colour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBs r RBs
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone knew how youd go about changin the colour of your dash. I cant just go tax one from a wrecker cause all the colours look crap. I was thinkin just rip it out and spraypaint it or somethin. Just i dunno what paint to use that would keep the texture of the dash and not fuk up in the sun all day and stuff.

Any ideas?
cheers
GEM4PLAY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

yeah i used vinal spry 2 1/2 years ago and it still looks brand new. (VHT chip resistant wheel paint also works well, i've heard).

give it a go!
crazy n disturbed
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

well there is 2 ways of going about it, firstly u can do what gem4play said, use a vinal spray, the other way, is alot more expensive but looks fucken sick (well it does when ur as handy with a spray gun and airbrush as me) u can just prep and paint it like a car, clean with thinners,sand, plastic prime, sand, 2 pack prime (removes texture) sand, paint with base coat or 2 pack, if u paint it with base coat, sand again (1500 - 2000 grit) then clear coat and it will look somethin like this,

http://groups.msn.com/AirheadAirbrushing/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=25

yes this is a pretty dodgie photo, and yes it is my car, and i did do all that myself, took about 36hours, everything but airvents and screw covers on the panel against the window has been painted, and i mean everything!
or if u want, if ur in brisbane u can send it to me n i'll paint it for a fee

matt
crazy n disturbed
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

oh yea, if u do take the option i did, i recomend putting a flattening base in ur clear, it will stop the dash from reflecting the sun, there fore no glare! its a killer sometimes.

matt
RBs r RBs
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

mother of chr!st that looks fucken unreal!
of course im usless with an airbrush and that seems like a disturbing amount of work fo rthe dash when the rest of my interior looks like a stiped hesian sack o shit.
oh well what can yo udo :p
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

sucks with rb's- you can either have diahorrea brown or boring grey as a dash colour
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

Although I like your work Mr airhead, why paint your dash to look like it has cracks in it? Why dont you take my cracked dash and I'll have your uncracked one painted a plain colour Wink
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

better yet, can you airbrush some rust patches on my car? Wink
crazy n disturbed
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

hahahah everyones a fucken commedian, if u dont have something constructive to say to a reasonable question, to which i gave a reasonable answer SHUT THE FUCK UP, what i do with my gemini is none of ur god damn business, and as a matter of fact, there is about 30 people who what that dashboard, so shove it up ur ass
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

diahorrea brown ??? Dont u mean TUBGIRL brown ?!?!?! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHE
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: A dash of a different colour Reply with quote

it was a joke sunshine, hence the Wink on the end. calm down son, behave yourself. i actually like the dashboard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: