HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Diffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Diffs Reply with quote

Okay i've searched an as far as i can see no-ones asked this question before... What type of diff upgrades are available for the gemi and what are their power handling, associated problems (eg fitting it in/engineering), rough costs, etc... I am looking at the diff upgrade to an lsd next, i know theres some place in brissy that will do 150hp capable lsd centres, and a hilux diff conversion is around $1400, what are the piazza diffs like??? Also i am currently talking to Rod Hadfield about full details on the V6 Conversion, so as soon as i have them i will post them...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffs Reply with quote

piazza diff center will fit into the gemini desel diff Wink
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffs Reply with quote

So what sort of power handling does the piazza diff have??? And with the diesel diff is it a straight bolt up, or do mods need to be done, etc??? What about others???
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Drifts ;) Reply with quote

shit yeah! and what ratio would you get?
i went to watch the drifting at qld raceway today! FUCK I WANT A LOCKER OR LSD!! Very Happy Very Happy
Jami
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Diffs Reply with quote

who does the hilux diff conversion
if you are gonna have anymore than 200 horsepower the piazza diff is no good
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Diffs Reply with quote

I'm lookin at the V6 conversion, so i'd say i'll have to look more closely into the hilux one, as from memory 168kw or so at the flywheel will kill that diff, plus i'd prefer to have a safety margin instead of run it on the limit. I got that quote through Mazsprint in Brissy, theyre out virginia, they send em off somewhere to get em done but... so if you found who actually did it it'd be a bit cheaper.
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffs Reply with quote

Reddez, I talked to Rod recently about V6 conversions out of curiosity and found out that there isn't much involved to get it engineered (in victoria anyway). It will pass with "Hoppers Stoppers" front brake VT conversion, CRS V6 fitting kit, all standard pollution stuff - airbox, computer, cat, ULP filler neck. That is all that is required.

Cheers.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffs Reply with quote

Yeah even so, i need to know what diff i'm gonna need behind it, and the bonus is my cars still regoed in vic, brakes and suspensions no prob, only thing left to upgrade before the engine is a nice LSD, thats why i asked bout diffs and power handling capabilties...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: