HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

DEFECTS need advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: DEFECTS need advice Reply with quote

got defected last night leaky exhaust didn't hardly leak till a cop shoved a screw driver threw it blew a HEAD LIGHT and got defected 10 minutes later, oil leaks etc

have too take it to mornington for roadworthy will they pass my extracters also what about rust its got a little bit in the floor pan on drivers side , they give me 5 days to do all this

best bit is its a wagon and the cop put it down as a sedan on the defect page

edgie
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS need advice Reply with quote

i doubt this but some people have been lucky i got off a ticket because of a wrong date but i don't think wrong body type would count worth a try btw oilleaks aren't defect's unless it leaks on the road
hope this healps
zzz
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS need advice Reply with quote

5 days is a bit rough... i got pulled over in seaford and the cop was being a real cunt and told me i needed new tyres by the next day. some cops are alright but some are complete cunts.
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: bullshit Reply with quote

there were no f**kin oil leak it was just that greasy shit all motors have and a bit of spilt oil there full of shit i still have to do heaps of shit so they can't fail me

edgie
Gemiboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit Reply with quote

well mate i just got of defect and i had to go through regency,its a full roadworthy check. i think tats wat u mean by mornington. just clean your motor, the cleaner the beter. the rust they are really tough on, hope u dnt hav any in your engine bay or boot, in your doors is ok. make the car look as stock as possible. extractors are ok but no webber or nothin. im from adelaide so i aint sure where u from or how strict they are but good luck neway.

Aaron
YellaTE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit Reply with quote

I believe just a few weeks ago there was a new law issued that ANY rust has to be WELDED up. They're really strict on this now, I know because I had to weld up a few small holes in my boot floor and under the bonnet. So I guess if u were to conseal the rust before they see it, they won't know if its welded or not... but it's not a bad idea to take care of it properly anyway..
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit Reply with quote

i've took the old motor and box out cause i was gunna anyway while ihad it out i degreased everything in the engine bay and am putting in my rebuilt/repainted motor the rust shouldn't be to much of a problem to fix/hide as i have a rust free floor pan to weld in good thing i already had all the stuff i need

edgie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: