HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Lowering... cut springs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YellaTE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

What do u all do to lower yr cars? I'm thinking about just cutting the springs. I only want it a couple inches lower than standard, would a coil off each do the job?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

super low king springs.
2.5" drop
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

or pedders sport's rider nice and hard
go for the supper low as well
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

dont cut your springs... i did it, it sat about 6 inches lower and looked fuckin mad but it was a cunt to drive... i ended up putting in super low king springs after about 2 days... it handles heaps better now too than it did standard.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

go and buy some cheaparse
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

dont use springs at all or shockies for that matter, it would be "fully sick" and u'd almost be as cool as commodore drivers
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

i chopped my springs last week, just one coil off each of the back ones. didnt sit THAT much lower but i cant tell properly cos i changed over to camira stockies on the back with 205/60s at the same time (freebies), and the tyres are shorter than the gemini rims with 165s. ride is alot bumpier, if you like a smooth ride then dont do it. im a cheap bastard, and i think its a cheap way to get better handling. with the hard pedders shocks on the front and the chopped rear springs it handles great now in my opinion.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

one coil aint gonna do dick for handling
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

well please explain how it did
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

yeah come on god!!!

while im talking to you god... what came first the chicken or the egg??
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

hahahahhaha, i love that one.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

the lower profile tire would have changed the handling. 1 coil on a stock spring will only lower it 10mm. cos the 1st and last 2-3 coils are compress against eachother on a stck set of springs.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

good point, so im putting it down to a combo of the 2. cos i can definately feel how much stiffer the rear end is since chopping, im not admitting defeat on my claim its improved handling.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

if u want handling cut em till ya on the bump stops front and rear Wink no body rol at all. it handles like its on tracks!
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering... cut springs? Reply with quote

please kev, no one could ever be that cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: