HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Electric_windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gold_gemi
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Electric_windows Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone would know where about's in Brisbane i could get electric window parts for my TF gemi. I've had one quote of $800 just for the parts, or $1200 for them installed.....thats too much. I need them cause i cant fit my speakers in the front doors. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric_windows Reply with quote

I have the kit sold from Jay Car about 2 years ago. I think they cost $160 for 2 windows (don't recall the part no.). They work by turning the winder mechanism with a motor (instead of your hand) and can be installed by yourself with a little patience.

One thing I did was use thicker gauge wire than what came with the kit to avoid large voltage drop.

Matt
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric_windows Reply with quote

lol

electric windows in a gem!! most gems ive seen would need a g161 just to wind the fuckers down!!

get a climate control kit too and u'll be set!!
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric_windows Reply with quote

yeah now you've got the 'bird you're aaaaaaall high and mighty!
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric_windows Reply with quote

hehehe no shit!!

ive said it b4 and i'll say it again, if it were at all possible to get all that in my gem i wouldnt have the bird
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric_windows Reply with quote

i helped a mate put electric windoews in his 2.6 wagon. its easy if u take ya time and be patiant. easyer than installing keyless entry! now that was a pain in the ass
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric_windows Reply with quote

you probably could whack all that in a gem. it'd make for plently of swearing and skinned knuckles i dare say
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric_windows Reply with quote

thats a huge joke.
yeh well i cut speakers int my front doors and now the window winder is in da way.
so i need eletric windows.
some guys said around $200 for me
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric_windows Reply with quote

how close are the speakers? can you put the shorter winders on or are they to close for them aswell?
SOBIL
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyless entry Reply with quote

Whats so hard about keyless entry?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyless entry Reply with quote

full day of pissfarting around with tinny screws and dicky little parts. but its SO worth it!!
i had it in my tg and i wil have it in my td when its done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: