HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Lowering your gemini?? Raed this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drift_Gemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Lowering your gemini?? Raed this Reply with quote

Dont know if anybody has ever done this or posted this before.
Anybody that lowers a gemini, should take the extra 5 minutes to take the bolts out of the torque tube mounting point, lower it a bit and slide the spacers out. This puts the tailshaft and torque tube back in line with eachother which puts less stress on both components. I didnt do this to my burnout gemini, and during a 5th gear burnout (single wheel) the torque tube became unbalanced at high RPM and blew the whole outer casing apart taking out fuel lines, brake lines floorpan and generally destroyed the car.
5 minutes work befor could have saved me 4 hours work later. Think about it Very Happy
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering your gemini?? Raed this Reply with quote

they the spacer that are about 8mm thick?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering your gemini?? Raed this Reply with quote

Yes indeedy.
Drift_Gemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowering your gemini?? Raed this Reply with quote

Depending on how low you go will also depend on how to tackle this problem. My car is damn low and i had to remove them (now) completely, but if your car is only mildly low, then you could remove the thick spacers and replace them with thinner spacers to get the torque tube and tailshaft in line again.
Oh yeah.....having access to a hoist is also a handy advantage to make it easier, as the car has to be on the ground, not up on a jack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: