HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

torque tube resolution.... version 2.7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: torque tube resolution.... version 2.7 Reply with quote

about a page ago i posted about my bro's turbo coupe having torque tube modification. he is a mechanical engineer and had readily available equipment to perform the procedure. i asked him about it so here goes..
The outside was made of steel, it was a two piece design, the pieces cupped together much like bigend bearings, the inside was a reused bush from something, i cant remember what tho, eventually he bought a brand new bush of the same kind. the inside part was squishy to take the flex, but the 'squishyness' was much firmer than the stock piece.
I asked about the extra flex on the floor pan.. the coupe was built from a chassis and most of the car was hybrid... he did not use the original torque tube cross member thing, he manifactured his own and the entire area was reinforced

please dont reply with all the usual critisism, and "what a crock of shit, that wouldnt work" as i say this is second 'hand' information and if my bro were to explain it then he'd probably do much better. im just trying to help or give the creative ones out there a few ideas. i wasnt game to post this in the R&D coz ya get the shit blown out of yer if ppl dont like the post
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: torque tube resolution.... version 2.7 Reply with quote

thats actually a good thing to put in the r&d coz that is what it is about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: