HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Relay Box / Fuel Pump Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Relay Box / Fuel Pump Problems Reply with quote

The last 2 mornings in a row I have started up my gem and its has run for about a minute and then it dies in the arse. I can see that its from a lack of fuel coz the fuel filter is empty. I had a poke around the relay box under the bonnet (TC Gem) and noticed that there is this white porcelain or heatproof plastic cylinder about 30mm long and 5mm in diameter and there are solid wires comming out of either end of it which are insulated with fabric not plastic. This thing is so damn hot it burns to touch it. But in the afternoons I have drive home without a worry and that cylinder is only mildly warm. I'm just wondering does anyone know what that cylinder thing is? I think it may be related to my fuel pump problem.
Thanks
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Relay Box / Fuel Pump Problems Reply with quote

i think its the resister to the pump relay it regulates power to the relay , i'm not an electrician but i know if you run two much power through a resister it over heats also has it got a condenser anywhere near it? my ballast resister kept over heating and i took the condenser too school and tested it , it was rooted, try putting a new one in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: