HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

i think i killed it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: i think i killed it Reply with quote

hey all, my subs were running choice (1 jvc 12 running off a rockford amp and a kenwood 12 running off a soundstream amp) till yesterday ago, went to turn it up
and the bass output was noticably down, one of the amps was clicking on and off and making a faint 'clapping' sound; i hadnt been thrashing it (the d-bass was off at the h/u etc.) any thoughts as to what the beef is? cheers, goons
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: i think i killed it Reply with quote

2 different subs on 2 different amps??? WTF that cant be good.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: i think i killed it Reply with quote

check ur ground wires...
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: i think i killed it Reply with quote

yeah, that's usually what happens when your amp/sub isn't grounded properly...
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: i think i killed it Reply with quote

or they are sucking too much juice cause your batter/alternator/power lines aren't up to it and going into protection

so you can upgrade any of the above to make it go away

but yeah its more likey to be ground, is your ground wire the same guage as your power wires?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: i think i killed it Reply with quote

nope, ground wires are laughing. the ground wire is the same guage as the power wires, think ill rewire it this week with some thicker wire anyway and see if its still being a turd. cheers,goons
workedTE
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: i think i killed it Reply with quote

hehe gene... it doesnt matter what amp you run your subs off...
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: i think i killed it Reply with quote

Try cleaning up where your earths make their connection, filing them and stuff. As for different amps, no probs, maybe minor phase distortions or delays, but nearly unnoticable...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: