HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I'm a newbie! :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YellaTE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: I'm a newbie! :) Reply with quote

I'm a newbie, just found the site and must say it's great! I now have an SS Commodore and I'm actually yet to own my first Gemini, looking for the right one. Any tips on how to spot a dud? Where does the rust usually hide etc?

Thanks! Smile
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm a newbie! :) Reply with quote

Welcome,
You'll probably find rust in the boot floor, bottom of the doors, around the window seals, etc.
What state r u in?
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm a newbie! :) Reply with quote

rust doesnt generally hide, people hide rust. check the doors and behind the front wheel arch for bog if tehres no rust
crazy n disturbed
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm a newbie! :) Reply with quote

hey mate welcome to the hotgemini group, hope that you enjoy searching the forums for info that will both help u work on your future gemi, and also make u enjoy your self while your online, you will get to know us very quickly and will make many mates to add to your collection, you will also find out when all the cruses and shows are happening and pretty much anything else that people are into on here,

hope you enjoy chattin with us, and we hope to see u crusin round in a gemi soon, rather than a bomodore! even though i like commodores too,

matt
workedTE
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: I'm a newbie! :) Reply with quote

also check your pillars.. they are usually a rust farm
YellaTE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm a newbie! :) Reply with quote

Thanks much for all your help guys! Smile I'm in Vic by the way. I just come back from Melbourne after a bit of a shop around for a Gemi but only got to look at 2 coz everyone I rang had either sold it or it was a bit too shitty. Sad Still looking tho! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: