HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

PIAZZA ENGINE Y/N??? --(chucky)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 6:55 am    Post subject: PIAZZA ENGINE Y/N??? --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey is it worth the trouble putting an ISUZU PIAZZA 2L (180hp aprox.)???
Would I get as much performance out of a 1.6 or 1.8 L origional gemini engine???
I mean the PIAZZA is a turbo'd engine and runs on un-leaded
but does it really give more power than a highly modified gemini engine???
the piazza will cost about 3 grand to get and fit, if not more and thats stock standard.
a rebuilt gemini engine will cost about $1,200 with a mild racing cam..
all suggestions welcome
thanks
chucky
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: PIAZZA ENGINE Y/N??? --(Dustin) Reply with quote

U would be better of getting a imported nissan SR20det turbo
the put out power in the 150 +kw stock running 7 psi boost
u can get them for under 3 grand with box and computer $2200 and then u need intercooler and u would want a big 3 inch exhuast
but they go like fuck
try get a 1600 with a mild cam to do 12 sec 1/4 ????
it would cost about 3500 by the time it drivable
and then the diff would want to be upgraded
u can always weld up the stock one
as the are known to be tuff as gut
the pizza would be easyer if u can get hold of one
but they are quiet old now
and i think they only put out around 130kw
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: PIAZZA ENGINE Y/N??? --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

If you wanna go fast, put in the piazza and then mod it. If that is fitted and engineered, then it is quite a good price. A piazza engine with a three ince exhaust and a T3 pulls very hard. you wont be able to build a 1600 N/A to match it. As far as FJ and SR 20's go, who can afford them? You pay close to 3 grand for the complete set up, and then you have to install it and get it engineered. INtallation alone is a bitch, at least the piazza engine bolts into a gemini with the gem engine mounts. BTW a mildly modified 1600 would be lucky to make 120 horsepower.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 11:03 pm    Post subject: whats a piazza worth --(chucky) Reply with quote

Does anyone know what its worth for a piazza engine, gbox, computer and exhaust????
Ive been told you can get em for about 2grand!
Does anyone know of some good websites and companies preferably in Adelaide that can help me???
thanks
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 2:38 am    Post subject: 4ZC1 cost --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

http://www.japanesemotorsport.com.au/isuzu_engines.htm

Japanese Motorsport (in adelaide co-incidentally) has them for $1750, w/ gearbox & electrics. Fitting, naturally, will be extra.

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 8:59 pm    Post subject: Thanks 4 the cost --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey thanks heaps for the site
it was really helpful
now all i have to do is save about 3 grand
then i can do th conversion
thats $1700 for the engine and components and $1300 (aprox.) for the labor fitting the damn thing
Is that total price fair?
thanks again
chucky
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 7:20 am    Post subject: No Probs --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Fitting for $1300? if it's just a bolt in job, which it may or may not be, that's a bit over the top. Most likely it will need new engine mounts, and i doubt that would cost much do do in itself. I'd say no more than $800 fitting, although i havent researched into fitting.

Remember you will probably need bigger/better brakes, to get the engineers cert. Make sure that whoever is fitting the engine also gets you the engineers cert. saves you a lot of hassle, and also if they did a botch job, and you cant get the cert, you wont get ripped off.

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 1:37 am    Post subject: thanks again --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey thanks again
I guess the $1300 was for breaks and setting up the new computer work (piazzas are EFI arnt they?)
its too much for me to do alone
without a shed and without EFI knowledge
anyway ill keep on saving and get quotes every so often!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: