HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Brake Conversion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dean8
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

Just finished setting up my brake booster and master cylinder setup. Its really easy to do if you need more room in your engine bay for a big motor. Mount your master cylinder to the firewall using a piece of 20mm thick mild steel (cost me $10 at a metal place) then you need some one with a huge drill press to drill the holes. Then buy a VH40 remote brake booster and mount it under the drivers side gaurd right at the front to clear your wheels. Make up new brake lines and hook up your vacum lines and its done. Heaps more room for a conversion and still have a brake booster.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

u got photos of this at all??
would be interested in having a look, cheers gene
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

Could get some but not for a while. I don't have a digital camera. see what i can do
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

maybe a quick scetch in paint that u could email me? Wink
hehe
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

Check this out it is a picture of the exact booster setup i am running. Did a search and found it, much easier than taking photos etc. http://www.stormloader.com/falconccwa/brakehint.htm
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

i dont get it? lol
what master and what booster u running?
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

I am running the gemini master cylinder mounted directly to the firewall and the vh40 remote booster under the drivers side gaurd
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

is that like an aftermarket booster??
where u get it from? what did it cost ya?? did it come with every thig ya need?
cheers gene
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

its a pbr vh40 remote brake booster i got it from a ford falcon wrecker. You can get them anywhere, repco, autobarn any good parts shop. They are expensive i was quoted up to $700 but i got mine for $150 and its fine. all you need to do is make up new brake lines but still use the proportioning valve. These boosters also came on hr eh holdens etc.
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

One other thing that I found!
If ur going in to this effort and will be using calipers that will require more fluid then upsizing the gemini 11/16" master cylinder my be worthwhile considering, i found that a ford XA 1" master fitted to a TE booster no prob, but if the booster to master adaptability is no concern and you got to redo the brake lines anyway then may as well look at a larger master. With a remote system it seems that there are no limitations as to what master to use. I have written up info on the ford master cylinder a while a go!
Thanx for the breakthrough info dean!
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

mate
ive had this setup for 6 years use the VH44 there smaller and they are actually from the early valiant..
if you need photos let me know i will scan them and send to you

cheers
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Brake Conversion Reply with quote

Hi there!
Id be interested in some photos on the valiant remote booster as a friend and my self are looking at making a quad throttle injection set up and will need all the room in the engine bay! What size master does the valiant use?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: