HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wheels and diffs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flylo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: wheels and diffs. Reply with quote

hi. i own an 82 te wagon. i was wondering if i had to change the diff set up on my wagon to be able to fit size 15" to 17" mags? if so what do i need and how do i do it? i currently have 13" hotwires on there and they run ok but i think its time to go bigger. what size tyres do i need to complete a set of 15"?

and help would be good.
ty
simz. (fly.10)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: wheels and diffs. Reply with quote

firstly, HAHAHAHA (sorry had to get it out.
second, no u dont have to change anything, just put the new wheels on.
for 15" rims, 205/15/50
for 16" rims, 205/16/45
for 17" rims, 205/17/40
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: wheels and diffs. Reply with quote

nice name bahahahahahaha
flylo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: wheels and diffs. Reply with quote

thnks for laughing. i didnt need it. the reason i had asked the q was bcause i have a friend who has a 83 tf sedan and he had to change his diff to be able to mount on size 14" mags.
this was the confusion for me. i already new that they would fit but i needed to clarify it.the reason y i had to ask about the tyres was bcause the tyres that i have on my 13" hotwires make the car sit too low. trust me i know what im talkin about.
anyways ty 4 the help gene. muchly appreciated.

simon.
p.s i wouldnt laugh if u saw my car. it will be posted in hotgemini in about 3 months. so far iv spent 6 grand and the audio is next to go in with tthe help on t-bass audio. ( the guys who helped build the kermit green silvia i hot 4's. the number plate was 4.fat.) as for the q.... u nnever ask.... u never learn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: