HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Prices???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamdGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Prices??? Reply with quote

I have a TF dash and console in black perfect with no cracks. A 5speed very clean. Radiator. And was wonderin wat a fair price for all these are??? thanks heaps. Also a question about offsets, can u still put rims with the wrong offset on? wat can be the consequences of this?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

dash $100ish
duno about the radiator

if u put rims on with the wrong offset, uwont be alble to run fat tyres, the worse the ofset gets the skinnyer the tyre wil have to be to fit under the gaurds. if its WAY out u wont be able to have lowered springs etc..
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

I have no idea what offset my rims are, but they are wrong I can tell you that much.

They are 16" and I have 205's on them. The sit well in, towards the centre of the car (makes them look a lot less fat), and I have no troubles with scrubbing or anything, my car has been lowered around 1-1.5" I reckon.

The only trouble I have is when the car is jacked up, the top of the rim just touches the shock, which I am going to fit by moving the bottom mount point of the shock a little.

On the inside of the rim it has a code, like 16" 5JJ or some shit? Not too sure on what it says exactly, but is this a code for the offset?
CamdGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

I have not much idea about the offset, but im gettin the drift that its just where the rim and tyre sit, and for the price of the 5speed??
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

I had the wrong offset rims on mine, they sat out a fair bit, and my wheel studs kept snapping off my hubs
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

$120-$180
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

thats what u want!
so u can fit PHAT tyres on. mine were like that. what rims, and brad do u have!! i might get some Wink

about the tyre hiting the shock when its jacked up, that is ok, its ment to.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

It's meant to?!? what about when you take a corner pretty fast and you lift the inside front tyre off the ground, the spinning wheel would rub against the shock and that can't be good for anything.

The centrecaps say Avantek, but I think they are actually CSA/Mullins. No idea really. Dodgy place I got them from (cheap though, 16" with good tyres for 1300 new). No idea what their name is now though.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

yeah, they are CSA Technic 16x7's.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices??? Reply with quote

what they look like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: