HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

13b conversion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dean8
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: 13b conversion Reply with quote

I completed a 13b conversion last year if anyone wants a conversion kit which includes front and rear crossmembers and all mounts give OZ DEVELOPMENTS a call they are in MOOREBANK NSW the kit costs about $400. The next thing to do is modify your sump its really easy. To do this cut the sump just behind the oil drain plug and then all the way down and around the rim of the sump where it bolts to the engine. You then make up an L shaped section to fit in. Make sure you get an RX7 series 2 oil pick up for your new sump this is the only one that fit with out having to make up your own. The rest of the conversion is easy, I used an rx5 5speed which is really strong. Any questions send me a message

Cheers
gem gurl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

Hello,
Would there be any chance of getting some pics of you off the crossmember.??
I'm going to put a 12a in my gemini.
I don't need to worry about the sump as i already have one..
Thanks
gem gurl
dean8
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

I bought the crossmember from oz developments in moorebank nsw they make them up in a kit. It is basically a flat piece of 5mm thick mild steel bolted to the front of the engine with holden 202 engine mounts then custom brackets bolted on where the front bumper bolts on. I wouldn't be able to show photos cause it is too hard to see. 9601 2656 oz developments
gem gurl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

thanks for your reply
20B S2 RX7
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

i just ripped the 12a extend port outta my gemi and i got it up 4 sale if ne1's interested, its set up for a gemi with sump to suit and an exhaust which comprises of custom extractors, mandrel bent exhaust, twin 2inch pipes till diff with dual resonators into 2.5inch pipe with 6inch stainless muffler. will sell the whole lot for $1600 (the exhaust has been used for about 1/2 hour) the exhaust alone cost me this much!
the 12a was fun but now its gotta 13b turbo the real fun is gonna begin!
if u need diagrams ill post my web page once its finished with all the details.
cheers
justin
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

I just bought a 13bt to replace my g200. It has got engine mounts at the front not the side, do they have kits for them as well? Do you know anywhere in qld that can put them in for you?
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

Are you doing it yourself, or is someone else installing it?
dean8
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

Give them a call they can probably sell you what you need. The rubber mount that they uses to connect to the custom mount at the chassis is a holden six engine mount.
dean8
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

I installed it myself really easy it all just bolts up
dean8
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 13b conversion Reply with quote

I installed it myself really easy it all just bolts up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: