HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gene..or anyone who is bored...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: gene..or anyone who is bored... Reply with quote

gene,
i think it was you who said once that you used an fj series because the sr's dont fit too well...yet on paper the sr is smaller in dimensional size. if it was because of the gearbox,[which i may have read somewhere else, so if it wasnt you im sorry], you would think the fj/sr motors would be designed with the ability to use the old box, for ease of manufacture?

anyways, has anyone considered using a 4-age series toyota motor? [age, agze, age 20v]...im sure you could mod a ae86 box to fit...or a supra box ['84]

or the ca-18det? im pretty sure ther are some s13s that had them, that now have sr-20s in em...

and going the other way, what about the rb20 det, the 2ltr six from the gts-t? they are sooo much cheaper to buy than the sr-20.

just want opinions on these phenomena, I.E, if not why not ect.....just to add to the stockpile i suppose.

still, itd be funny...seeing a 500bhp 2ltr six [hks modded rb20, soooo not stock..] shoehorned into a gem......lol.

rob.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: gene..or anyone who is bored... Reply with quote

dont know much about the engine size etc but i know u can mod a supra box to fit as it has been done before to a 83 tg sedan and i guess it would be a lot more driver friendly
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: gene..or anyone who is bored... Reply with quote

it wasnt me who said that. i know the fj20 is bigger. must have been some one eles whos never done the conversion but seems to know whats involved. lol
no cuting is needed with the fj so there is deffinatly non with the sr.
the only think i can think of is the sr plennem hits the brake booster and u need to midify something to get around it.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: gene..or anyone who is bored... Reply with quote

anyways, has anyone considered using a 4-age series toyota motor? [age, agze, age 20v]...im sure you could mod a ae86 box to fit...or a supra box ['84]

is that the motor they put in the sprinter? if so, its been done by a guy in SA. it looked like a pretty damn neat conversion when i saw it saturday. he says he chose it over a rodeo motor cos it can rev to 10,000 rather than 6000. he claims it would get a mid 14 over the quarter.. not bad at all for a n/a motor
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: gene..or anyone who is bored... Reply with quote

could be wrong but didnt the 4agze (supercharged) come out of a toyota levin. they go hard cos my mate has one in his ke30 carolla.
H3PPZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: gene..or anyone who is bored... Reply with quote

yeah mate they did come out in the levin and they go bloody hard in all the KE corollas if u have one have one dropped in....i used to have a KE30 corolla b4 the gem too.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: gene..or anyone who is bored... Reply with quote

anyways, has anyone considered using a 4-age series toyota motor? [age, agze, age 20v]...im sure you could mod a ae86 box to fit...or a supra box ['84] the Sprinter box does bolt str8 up, its just that they are getting realllly hard to find now. theres a few changes required to make the 4agze go in (they were mounted east - west) but other then that they are alryte.

any rb series engine sounds too long to fit, without moving the firewall back or without putting too much weight forward of the axle.

thought of a 3SGE/3SGTE ?

cheers
bored cunt out lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: