HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Auto to Manual conversion?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris5ltr
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

ok im sure this has been talked about 1000 times before but I need to know if theres any tricky bits in changeing a TE from auto to manual? (5 speed)
I have a auto I have been trying to sell but decided I might make it my daily driver for work.
And does anyone have a 5 speed for sale,including everthing I need to swap?
I have some gemmi parts so maybe we can make a deal?

btw im in Sydney

Chris
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

should i?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

yes
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

as posted by adam...

"Don't post here unless you've already done some of the hard yards yourself. Don't post here asking if someone can build something for you. Quite honestly, don't post here if you are a newbie or not technically minded, this forum is intended for technically capable gemini fans to discuss technical issues.

Don't post asking questions about how to fix your car, this forum is for *research* and *development* not to ask about how to change your brake pads or similar.

As part of my current (August 02) policy of zero tolerance, I will delete and/or ban for any breach of these rules.

----------
post questions in the general forum please.
thanx gene
*giggles like a school girl*
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

wat do you guys have that stuck all over your pcs.

as posted by adam...

"Don't post here unless you've already done some of the hard yards yourself. Don't post here asking if someone can build something for you. Quite honestly, don't post here if you are a newbie or not technically minded, this forum is intended for technically capable gemini fans to discuss technical issues.

Don't post asking questions about how to fix your car, this forum is for *research* and *development* not to ask about how to change your brake pads or similar.

As part of my current (August 02) policy of zero tolerance, I will delete and/or ban for any breach of these rules.
lmao
Chris5ltr
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

Are you for real?????!!!!
I have no problums working on a car and I have changed engines and gearbox's more time then your mummy has changed you nappy.
BUT I have never had to change a gem from auto to manual so I was just asking a simple question (or is it that no one here knows???)
But don't worry,I got the info I needed from a REAL forum,and you know where you can shove your mambership!!
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

it was me that answered your question...on PF i just saw it there first...

and for anyone else who wants to know whats needed to change from manual to auto here it is \....

you will need : tail shaft to go with the manual... pedal box, shifter, clutch cable, speedo cable, brake booster outlet on intake mainifold(auto has a vacume line for auto, you could do without just block the line.) flywheel and clutch....

Diff ratios are the same...3.9:1

will have to cut the shifter hole bigger....

all holes should be cut for the clutch pedal with just a grommet there...

thats about all i can think of...pretty easy really...have fun
Chris5ltr
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

Thanks for that,good to see someone on here knows what there talking about Smile
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

90% of the people here now how to do that conversion. the reason they didnt reply was because this is the R AND D forum, which is for people to SHARE INFO ON HOW TO DO STUFF, NOT TO ASK QUESTIONS!!!

try posting in the general chat next time
FoRuM KiNg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto to Manual conversion? Reply with quote

It is illegal if you cut metal to get your gearbox in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: