HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

whole car vibration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: whole car vibration Reply with quote

i reckon ive posted about this before... but after some investigating weve ALMOST nailed the problem, just came here for some ideas...

between 40+80kph the whole car vibrates. hardly effects performance. i used to think it was coming from the front end, but i got the whole front end checked and its fine. so we got the rear of the car up on axle stands and took it to 60 in 4th, and the car was still vibrating, so weve nailed the area down to somewhere rear of the gearbox... any ideas? so far ive heard centre bearing and uni joints...

help would be appreciated, cheers,

cammo
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

could even be a loose clutch preasure plate ive seen it with torque convertors in autos so maybe same deal...????
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

tailshaft uni's?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

sounds like the tourque tube shaft to me....bent plenty of them....
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

i might add 2 facts to help you all... that night i hit a koala, the vibrating happened aboiut 30 mins later, after i did a burnout
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

yeah its ya tail shaft rubber bush thinggy i would say, look under and see if its split
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

id say uve either got tailshaft rubber problems or there is one pissed off koala under there lookin for revenge!
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

hahaha watch out!! they go for the scrotum!! LOL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

no way that blinky was comin out alive from that one... thanx for the help anyway, i'll check that stuff out.
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: whole car vibration Reply with quote

Definately sounds like torque tube, if the rubber in the bracket is not broken it will be a bent rod inside the tube.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: