HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Installing a water temp gauge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greengem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Installing a water temp gauge Reply with quote

Hey guys, hope you can help me.
I've got a water temp gauge. It has a long black wire connected to a sensor (a metal thing that looks like a bullet). I really don;t know where to connect it. I think it could be under the inlet manifold but i'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx.
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing a water temp gauge Reply with quote

you would be correct
Draevon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing a water temp gauge Reply with quote

It should be into your engine block, somewhere around underneath your carby. Wait until the car is cold, take out your old sensor and screw in the new one. You'l probably need the adaptor widen the thread of the sender that should have come with your gauge.

Šraevon
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Installing a water temp gauge Reply with quote

hey i also got a question u seem to know whats the deal draevon, how or where do i connect the sender for oil pressure gauge??
should there be an inlet near sump or filter or what ?
Draevon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Water Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges Reply with quote

Here's a pic of where to install the senders for Oil Pressure and Water Temp gauges:

http://www.404shirts.com/gauges.jpg
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Water Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges Reply with quote

dumbass! the water temp sender isnt on the block, its under the intake manifold directly under the thermostat. if its a mechanical oil sender you need to unscrew the old sender (near the sump) and screw in the new.
Draevon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Water Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges Reply with quote

Dumbass is a bit rough ... ?

So not the block ... people can still follow the picture.

Šraevon
urinalcake
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Water Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges Reply with quote

did you get it from kmart Smile I got one for $17 or something from there. (i havnt put it in yet) A mate was telling me when he put it in (on his) he used gasket sealer becasue it started leaking once the water got pumping, and cause the thread didnt fit properlly.

I was gona do it myself, but you have to take some pump hose or something off, and pull the temp probe (bullet bit) through, and i dont wanna fuck up my car so ill just wait till he can help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: