HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

DEFECTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: DEFECTS Reply with quote

my g/f got defected last night on having a sports wheel (worth 300 i think) so its a good wheel.

Now when the defect has been removed is there anyway of putting it back on without getting in shit besides possibly being defected for it again... Would the pigs know that its been done for the wrong steering wheel before hand?
How many warnings do you get?

How in the hell does it work>?

fat chicks definately out of my room, out
Hons
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

sell the wheel, put a legal one on there, enjoy the profits and no defects!
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

how can you get done for a steering wheel? i mean, what has to be wrong with it?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

has to be 310mm dia minimum
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

shit eh? whoops
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

all my wheels have been illegal, u have to have bad luck to get caught on that one.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

Not only that gene also has to comply with ADR if there is no ADRlable the wheel is defectable..
badboygem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

ive been defected before because apparantly the centre of the wheel has to be padded. he got his trusty little measuring tape out but because the outer rim is soo beafy it made the 310 easy....so he looked all over my car...couldnt find a thing wrong...so he goes back and picks on the wheel....he wasnt happy with the surround to my tf-tg dash cluster being painted white either. who says they aint out there revenue raising.
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

im scared of a defect, yet i still cant stop cruisin city/bay on fridays.... i got a fake momo from bali which is soon to be put on, plus ive got bolts in the end of my pollution control hoses... if i get pulled over, im fucked!
austin
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

i got a monumental 25 defects & a epa fine 2yrs ago in ballina , everything from wheels & tires to bonet scoop seats , too low etc....i even got fined for the tiawanese replacement lights having drain holes in them classing them as cracks !!!!!! i incured a $67 fine for each one....fucking damn expensive trip to the coast ... epa gave me 14 days to rectify the pollution equipment by a licensed mechanic .....just handed the plates in cos it was $2500 for tampering with pollution equipment .webbers arnt worth that hassel.. so know i'll pass on this to you , act dumb be very pollite & say "ohnestly officer" i'm not the one owner of this car so i didnt know that was elligal ...than ask them very politely for there name & rank , they have to give it to you & if asked you are putting in a formal complaint on the way you have just been victamised..... & do it!!! a police officer can not afford to have bad credits on his file , it means he/she is put further back for promoitions...... meaning they we alwaze be the shit kicker in there job:)
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

top stuff my highest has be 12 so far
half of them were bull shit but i also got done for
no pollution gear but most of the cops up here don't know what to look for
cheers zzz
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: DEFECTS Reply with quote

holy shit!! well ive got a TX head on my TG so there is no plugged up pollution holes and i got the original air filter box on the weber so its sorta hidden ...kinda But it still looks kinda suss coz of the 4" cold air intake, oil catcher can and big extractors... how else can i hide all this stuff?
maybe put the catcher can in the fan box?? hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: