HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Passing Emissions Tests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

My car is being engineered and emissions tested next on monday and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I have to comply with. The engine is an stroked 1600 out of my TF. It has piazza injection, turbo, intercooler, 3" exhaust from turbo (no cat) and an aftermarket computer. I was told that given the fact that it is still only a carbied engine, that it need only comply with the emissions of the original TF engine and that even with the computer and no cat it should pass if well tuned. Has anybody had to pass anything lke this or know what it has to comply with?

Cheers
Loz
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

eekk, scary. in qld the 20y/o rule aplies to engins asll Very Happy no emisions test for the fj20 Very Happy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

whats this 20 year rule?
YLD GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

if it has injection and a computer then how is it a carbied engine????
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

i think he is useing magic?? Very Happy
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

u can import anycar if its over 20y/o and u dont need the polution gear if its over 20 y/o
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

"It has piazza injection, turbo, intercooler.... given the fact that it is still only a carbied engine"

The only way that i can see you being able to use both injection, computer AND a carby, is if you have the shitty set-up reminiscant of the Camira's single point carby injection - similar to the set-up on some of the older Magna's. But you stated that you have the Piazza set-up which is multi point and uses a throttle body design. WTF???
Not having a catatylic convertor and running the engine on unleaded is actually more harmful to your E.P.A results than running it on leaded. One of my engineering teachers told me that by doing this, your CO2 & CO1 levels would be off the charts and highly illegal.
I think you should revise your question (and set-up).
Jasyn...
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

so thats with any car??

coz my car was made in 83 heh heh!
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

i think what he is saying is that the motor in standard form is a carby engine and therefore hsa to comply with those standards, if not i got no fukin clue
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Passing Emissions Tests Reply with quote

That was what I meant to say, in its original form it was carbied engine. If I take my O2 sensor out and run it on leaded for the tests should it be right?

Loz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: