HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

att: BEN WIGHT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badboygem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: att: BEN WIGHT Reply with quote

hi mate sorry to bother you but you seem to know alot. hehehe. ive got a few questions for ya. first off, im building a g200 that i want to turbo. its been bored 60 over...so im guessin thats as far as she goes. bought acl duralites and new rings bearings the lot for the fresh bores. the crank has been balanced before but i dont know if this new stuff will put it out but atm i dont really care. what i want to know is can i get my pistons machined (ive heard decompression plates are shite) so that it drops the compression to a satisfactory level with a g200 head on it. but also at this point in time i havnt got a head for it nor the time to think about the turbo...so would it be ok to put a g161 head on it till i do the rest. just as an estimate i was thinkin the lower comp pistons and a 1600 head would take it back to around stock g200 compression ....i could be wrong.

also with a blow thru set up....dyno tuned properly on a 34 adm webber....with some sort of intercooler std supra most likely mounted on front, t25 on custom manifold, 3in dump into 2 1/4" pipe( dont like the sound of that) what kind of power out put would u say i would be getting?? i want to keep it reliable.....so i dont want no over boosted over revvin smoke blowin shitta. i cant see me useing much more than standard boost but i havent had much experience with turbos yet.
thanks in advance
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: att: BEN WIGHT Reply with quote

i had a 1mm this decompression plate in my old 1800 and never once had a problem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: att: BEN WIGHT Reply with quote

true ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: