HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

More Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: More Problems Reply with quote

ok, we figured out that the idle problem as posted before wasnt from any solenoids not working etc, but the fuel bowl would become empty when the car wasnt under load. We took the float window off had a poke around and refitted it. wake up next morning ive got a huge puddle of fuel under my car and its still leaking. its definatly not the float window not being in properly because the carbys flooded and the fuel levels WAYYY over the line. im stumped, n e 1 got ideas?

sorry 4 the long post and thanx in advance
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: More Problems Reply with quote

Fuel float setting mate
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: More Problems Reply with quote

would that solve the fuel bowl being empty during running or the fuel leakige? somehow i think fuel bowl but ill ask n e way lol
cheers
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: More Problems Reply with quote

I once had the problem of the needle sticking up in the hole and it would starve the engine of fuel, i took it apart, cleaned it and put it all back together. Problem solved. make SURE the little spacer (small cylinder that sits on the float hinge) is on the outside (or closest to the window). It doesnt feel like it should go there but rest assured it does. check the gasket on ya carby, replace if need be, leak could come through there. hope that helps.. I had a gregory's manual to help me through step by step, i recommend it to EVERYONE who doesnt already have a sound knowloedge of gem's

-dave
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: More Problems Reply with quote

yeah the needle valve would be stuck open from your (poking around) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: