HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HOT CAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueCoupeDude
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: HOT CAM Reply with quote

I have a 25/65 cam, and i was wondering if any knows how much it would cost me to add some more 'meat' so that it would be about 30/70??? I want a hotter cam!!, the guys at Wade Cams told me I shouldn't go any larger than 25/65, and i fuckin' believed them (silly bastard that i am!), and now i'm seriously unimpressed with the difference it made. oh, and i'll need heavy duty valve springs for that too, right?? how much? I think i need it now, actually coz when my car revs to around 5500, theres is some serioulsy loud noise coming outta my engine.

Thanks!!
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: mild CAM Reply with quote

i fitted my 'mild cam' to my gem about 2 hrs ago. in neutral it catches it's revs a shitload quicker, i revs quicker, but not my much, when actaully driving. it's a brand new Crow Cams cam, on a engine that's done about 2000km's since rebuild, goes a bit harder, but not $240 harder. i ran it in n all, car sounds a bit beefier, lower exhaust note from my stock hose pipe exhaust.

but no wacko noises r comin from it yet. i gave it 7000 in 2nd, and i can see a difference in performance, but not enough for me to pay $240 again.

chris.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: mild CAM Reply with quote

it's a :

IN.33/63
EX.67/29

is it a 30/70 or wot? which no's do i use to describe it?

chris.
Smokey
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: mild CAM Reply with quote

I just bolted on a 30/70 cam, cost me 70 bucks 2nd hand. i found a fair bit of increase in performance, considering its only in a stock 1600. i modified the standard nikki a bit too, not sure if that helped or not.
you can run a 30/70 cam with standard springs no worries, well i haven't had any worries after a week.
BlueCoupeDude
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: mild CAM Reply with quote

hmmm... 30/70 on a standard engine?? mines a 25/65 in a 2litre and a friend says that the noise is valve bounce? the head has been shaved abit though, could that be the problem?? oh, and does anyone know how much to put more metal on my cam??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: