HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CROW CAMS High Torque Cam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: CROW CAMS High Torque Cam Reply with quote

am picking up a a cam for my gem on monday. and want to know if it's really worth the $264 incl. GST that i was quoted.

i have a g161 with a full reco, that is, fully stock, but literally a brand new motor, done about 2000km's since reco. and i am puting in a "High torque cam for standard engines", it's part no. 782506, the one at the top of the screen at the link below. power range 1800 to 5500rpm.

http://www.crowcams.com.au/templates/Catalogue-Gemini-OHC.shtml

my QN is whether it would give noticable power for the low rev range. and any comments from ppl that have used this cam.

thanx. chris.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CROW CAMS High Torque Cam Reply with quote

u got ripped on the caM TRY $215 BRAND NEW with GST.
u should of got the next one the 2000 to 6000 it covers ur driving rev range better
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CROW CAMS High Torque Cam Reply with quote

where u get it for that, i was quoted that in the crow cams place in melb, cambellfield or sumthin. any1 know where i can get the same thing but cheaper in melb?
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: CROW CAMS High Torque Cam Reply with quote

I dont know any prices of these cams but check out camtech they have a range similar to crow cams. www.camtech.com.au
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Try this mob Reply with quote

http://tighecams.com.au/cars.htm

they are in brisbane, but make a mean camshaft and cheap too. i think $75 for a regrind and $185 for a newie.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: CROW CAMS High Torque Cam Reply with quote

i got that quote from A1 HI performance in WA.....
should try some performance shops they get good deals
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: CROW CAMS High Torque Cam Reply with quote

why dont u get a standard cam re ground to a 30/70 it will rev between 3grand and 7 then. thats the most common cam grind. but a cam wont do a lot if u dont have head work or get ur dissy recureved.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Try this mob Reply with quote

I have a tighe cam in my gem. They're pretty popular around here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: