HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Has anyone actually done a RX7 upgrade!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Has anyone actually done a RX7 upgrade!? Reply with quote

Hey guys, looking at doing it, but i just need a few questions answered from someone who has actually done it!!

1. Is the series 4 the only one you can get the alternator off? Coz the series 3 is different to the series 4, but looks more like the stock gem alternator.

2. Should the alt come off the 13b or 13b turbo? Does $65 sound good for the alt off a 13b series 4?

3. Do you have to change the pully? I.e. take the gem one off and put it on the rx7?

4. Can the same alt belt be used?

5. How exactly does the wiring work? Ie. the 3 pin plug that goes to the gem alt should be modded to fit the rx7 alt (Only 2 pins)

6. What has to be done in terms of the alternator voltage regulator (The rx7 having an internal regulator). (Considering my aftermarket fuel pump does not run off this)

7. Are there any other easy bolt ons available??

Please help me as my neons/stereo/strobes/ are way too much for the stocky gem alt.

Thanks guys,
Jus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: