HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Experience with paints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Experience with paints Reply with quote

About to begin painting the car soon (finally thank god).

My plan is to do it white with a clear in acrylic.

You know those ads in the trader that have acrylic white for like $50 for 4 litres. Is it any good ?

I was thinking of just buying that and cheap primer from there and then getting something like a KH clear coat. K&H seems reasonable quality and its like $50 for 4 litres of clear.

I'd just use the K&H white but I can't find it in 4 litre tins.

I want the paint to look decent and last a while but at the same time I obviously wanna keep costs reasonable.

Anyone used these paints ?

Also, mr dohc, I put my bonnet back on. No more flakey shitty blue paint under there and the engine bay is a little cleaner and shinier, resprayed in black. Woo ! Looks a bit better now. Presentable at least !

Once I get home from work I'm going to start putting my seats in. Welding in this heat is so shit though.
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience with paints Reply with quote

hey yeh that is from henly paint supplies or whatever, round near wast lakes, yeh i rung em up they said it's the cheapest quality and u get what u pay for, there is another better brand (thicker) 4 90 bucks, but now i'm doin mine red and usein protec paint - $184.40 for 4litress of the red and $50.34 for 4litres of clear, don't now how much the thinners would b, under 70 bux i would gather. i have used motospray primer and pirmer/putty, it's okayish.

chris...
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience with paints Reply with quote

u wont need 4 litres of clear, one should just about do it
tunnel vision
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience with paints Reply with quote

spent a bit of time in the paint supply game. Use a good primer "dulux, glasuruit " good preperation before applying colour will make a BIG difference.. 2-3lts of colour should be more than enough (small car) White is a group 1 colour(cheapest) red group 3 (dearest) hope this helps
tunnel vision
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience with paints Reply with quote

K&H is good stuff from my experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: