HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

survey on twin cam computers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

just want to know what computers people are running
and if there are any problems with them
cheers
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

Ran a camira delco setup. Ran rich as hell on the base map but did run. Not very reliable for city driving as it obviously fouled up plugs a lot and stuff.

Instead of getting the delco remapped I decided to go for a better computer. Thinking of the Microtech mt4. Fuel only, and can come with a twin cam base map.

Haltech f9 is also a decent setup.
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

im running a wolf 2d (not my preffered choice of computer) but it came with my injection. i will inform you when it is running.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

i leaning towards the microtech atm
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

Depends on how much money you wanna spend and stuff and if u want fuel only or fuel/ignition.

The f9 and mt4 are about the same bracket. I think the f9 may be a bit more tunable. I'm going the mt4 since its been done before on a 2l twincam so I know it works. The wolf would be about the same I'd say.

The big benefit of the microtechs is that they can give you a decent base map. Which other brands may or may not.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

it sounds like the microtech would be eaiser
so how much is the mt4
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

$795 I believe.

Might get a few bucks off here and there.

I think that comes with everything.
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

$795 for the mt4 wouldnt come with the hand controler which is another $150...coz without it you wont be able to tune your car.

I picked up a MT4 for $600 complete second hand and it works well but may not have the fuel economy of the f9
the mt4 doesnt have as finer adjustments as the others.

Nick
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

im using ems, dual sport, multi coil injection. i bought it for 800 (with handset) then had to out lay another 300 for loom and multi coil module.

i know a guy whos using microtech on his twin cam, puts out 250 at the rears. so yeah.. microtechs up to the job
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

Without the hand controller couldn't you just tune it via a pc and parallel cable ?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

bog stock closed system no programmable at all one of the first injection setups 1982 huge peice of shit isuzu computer than came with the car from the factory...

still.... 1982.... 4 cylinders..... 130hp... stock... not bad
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: survey on twin cam computers Reply with quote

I Assume you mean 250hp at the back wheels.Does the engine have a TURBO ??? if not I doubt whether you would get anywhere near that sort of power.But if you did from a G200 twin cam let me know how and I will build an engine the same.I am getting about 150hp at the wheels from my race engine.Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: