HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Cleaning Carbies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:33 am    Post subject: Cleaning Carbies Reply with quote

hi,
im rebuilding a 32/36 weber a was wondering how to clean it up so i can paint it. Should i take it to the carby place and get it acid dipped? ive tried using petrol on it but i cant clean up things where i cant get a brush into. any suggestions?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning Carbies Reply with quote

You could acid dip it yourself with some mild hydrochloric acid then scrub it down with petrol and small wire brush/after sand paper after.

The hydrochloric does a pretty good job. My dad used to use it to clean his golf clubs, just burns all the shit right off.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning Carbies Reply with quote

dude, cam i buy this shit in bunnings or hardware places or sumfin, used it in chem, but the teacher prolly won't giv me any?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning Carbies Reply with quote

Pool shops will have it for sure but also bunnings and stuff. Pretty easy to come by.

Its diluted so its not that powerful, but will still clean stuff though.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning Carbies Reply with quote

yeah..you can buy it from any hardware store....its use for cleaning motar off bricks......also try put some in a bottle put little balls of silver foil in it put the lid on it and throw it away...hehehe
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning Carbies Reply with quote

What strength would i use? and do it matter if its sulfuric or HCl?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: