HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

NOISY FRONT END

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDWAGON
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: NOISY FRONT END Reply with quote

HEY MY GEMI HAS A REALLY NOISY FRONT END WITH HEAPS OF CREAKING AND SHIT WHEN I TURN THE STEERING WHEEL OR GO OVER A BUMP AND IT GIVE ME THE SHITS ANYONE N\KNOW OF AN ANSWER
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: NOISY FRONT END Reply with quote

i kinda have the same problem with my tg... it clunks when i brake hard or change direction.

help also needed here..

rob.
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: NOISY FRONT END Reply with quote

hey yeah i HAD this problem in my tg 2 but i rode it off so i couldnt really tell u the problem cuz i never got around 2 fixing it but im pretty positive it was in the front suspension ei springs and absorbers.

ps i gotta another TG hehehhe theye rock!!!
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: NOISY FRONT END Reply with quote

ruck and pinnion or woteva it's called, whenever u go down the end of the driveway, or train tracks, or turn the wheel alot, it clunks, i have been meening to change mine, but can't be fucked atm, in the middle of a stereo install.

chris.
Mr DOHC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: NOISY FRONT END Reply with quote

and if it squeks its ya balljoints
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NOISY FRONT END Reply with quote

my wagon does the same thing, its just the balljoints if its a squeking sound.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: NOISY FRONT END Reply with quote

mine also clunks when going around corners hard or some times even taking off hard on a bit of an angle
when i got my shockers replace a while ago b4 it clonked they said my steering rack was all worn and my rack mounts were worn so thats what it could be. i havn't replaced mine but i think that will fix it even though its a bit costly.
joeblow
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: NOISY FRONT END Reply with quote

Jack the cunt of a thing up and tighten every nut and bolt in the front suspension TIGHT...that'll take care of the cracking sound when you brake suddenly you'll be suprised at how loose they get
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: