HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

need help...water leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redgempilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: need help...water leak Reply with quote

i have a tg and everytime it rains it leaks on the both side floor pans and the glove box fills up with water..has anyone else had this prob and if so how do i stop it..any ideas on this subject would be a big help..
thanks
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: need help...water leak Reply with quote

i havnt actually had this b4, but my guess is WIND YOUR WINDOW UP Razz
nah just kiddin...the grills between ur bonnet and the windscreen is a good place to look, and also possibly the windscreen seal
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: need help...water leak Reply with quote

put som sealant in behind your windscreen seals and if i'ts allso leakking in the floor pan next to your doors you have to get new door rubbers for your door, not the window. Better do it asap or u will find rust accumulating right at the bottem of the door, then ya fucked.

chris... go to clark rubber they sell door seals, and go to an auto shop, they sell car window rubber sealant.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: need help...water leak Reply with quote

dued, i had the same problem, i got like 5 cm's of water on my drivers side floorpan. it's when water pours down the two grilles, goes into the heater, the heater rejects it, and then i flows down it's little path down the drivers side of the engine bay. it gets to one bit near the bottom, where the water can just sit. what you do, is you rip up one side of your carpet, and that foam shit aswell behind the pedals so you can c as much of the firewall as possible, pour some water down the side of the engine bay, and it will start poring out on2 ure floorpan. just get some rust eating shit, pour that on it for a few hours, then fill the hole as much as possible with fiberglass. this may not b the case for you, i was asking bout this like 12 months ago on this forum, and ppl told me to replace all the seals inside my heater, maybe try that.

chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: