HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Advance curve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatchatcharlie
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: Advance curve Reply with quote

I want to get my gem dissy recurved to suit new engine specs is there a way to work this out or does any one Know what it should be Ive played with ford 2ltrs before and they use 10deg static, start advance at 1500rpm all in at 3000rpm total advance 36 deg is there something like this that works for a gemini?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Advance curve Reply with quote

The exact same thing sould work fine, but I believe a better setup would be a total of 36 degrees (depending on compression ratio), but a static amount of 16 instead of 10, with 20 degress of mechanical advance, instead of 26.

This will involve modifying the slot in the dizzy. You have to weld it up, and then file it to the size you want, it dictates how much centrifugal advance you will get. Once you pull a dizzy apart, you will work out what I mean.

More compression means less timing, right througout the rpm range. Also it is very beneficial to keep the vacuum advance, and hook it up to full manifold vacuum, instead of the ported vacuum source as used from the factory. This will give a smoother idle, and better part throttle power/response.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: