HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Ben Wright

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Ben Wright Reply with quote

are you using the originla throttle body from the rodeo. the twin butterfly thing if not what have you used and what mods did you do to get it to fit?..I have found ive lost alot of power going fron suck through carb to multipoint fuel injection. use to be able to fishtail hitting second gear to not having enough power to chirp going around a corner. have a B.O.F bit it seems like the boost is going back through the turbo so it has to respool again after a gear change..

any help would be great.

Thanks

Nick
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ben Wright Reply with quote

I know that this is a pretty obvious question, but is your spring tension in your B.O.V set correctly (have you tested it's pressure release point with appropriate tools) ?
Jasyn...
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: B.O.V Reply with quote

I know that this is a pretty obvious question, but is your spring tension in your B.O.V set correctly (have you tested it's pressure release point with appropriate tools) ?
Jasyn...
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Wright Reply with quote

I am using a 2.6l 4ZE1 injection manifold, single large butterfly. Whole manifold bolts on. You just have to muck around with the heater/water lines, as the manifold has no rear line cast into it.

Did you get the setup dyno tuned, or are you just pissing in the breeze?

Are you running the same amount of boost as before?

What about ignition timing, I assume it has changed since the suck through setup?

Why dont you piss off the BOV, and see if that is a problem. What sort of BOV and what boost?

Ben Wight
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Wright Reply with quote

my injection is from the rodeo 2.6 whatever that motor is with the oval throttle body and the two butterflies.

pissing in the wind a bit. have a fuel mixture of about 14.5 at idle going to 11.5 approx at full boost.

also have installed a wolf3d fuel mixture meter ,stays in the green most of the time i guess its could be a bit rich.

Running the same boost 14 psi.
The timing is locked at 12 deg same as before. would i be able to run more?

the BOV is a type 2 turbosmart. wouldnt not having a BOV feed boost back through the turbo?

Nick
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Wright Reply with quote

the BOV is a turbosmart type 2. im running 14 psi boost.

I havent tested its pressure release point. how would i do that?

I understood that the spring tension was for adjusting the BOV so it didnt open under boost (diffrent boost pressures)when there was positive pressure in the manifold (butterflies open)
and the only way the bov would open was when there was vacume in the manifold and boost pressure at the bov (butterflies closed)

would it make a diffrence if there was a bit of a delay (tigten the spring tension) would i gain or loose power?

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: