HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

sump pipe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatchatcharlie
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:07 am    Post subject: sump pipe Reply with quote

what does the little pipe that goes from the sump to the carby do I dont know why but ut looks like you could get petrol in the sump or oil in your carby ????
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: sump pipe Reply with quote

is that the one coming off the three way valve??? if it is it is the vent for your petrol tank...the one to the sump pushes gases into the sump instead of venting to the air when your petrol expands through heat and stuff... it then flows up from the sump thru the head and out the pipe from rocker cover to carby to be burnt away... the other is for the oposite...as your petrol level decresses or cools allows air to flow from the air filter and back into the tank to stop it caving in like a paper bag when you breathe in...and the third pipe goes back to the vent at the top of the petrol tank...
lowrideTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: sump pipe Reply with quote

i pissed off that whole assembly, my valve used to leak oil, so i chopped all the pipes, plugged & clamped them and i havent had any troubles
flatchatcharlie
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: sump pipe Reply with quote

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: