HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FRIED MY FARKEN SUBDOG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: FRIED MY FARKEN SUBDOG Reply with quote

i mean woofer.

Just cruisen along and then i noticed smoke POURING out the parcel shelf.

Then faded music to the sub (no rear speakers) and shit all is heard apart from scratching. Sounds like a mouse trying to naw its way out.
So thats the end to XPLOD 12 incha
lasted me just on a year.

not bad for a 'hero p plater'.

FUCK NO BASS

ive taken my 6x9s out of my surround sound room and they sit nice of the seat in their shitty boxes.

hmmm GRRRRR
NO BASS

anyone got ideas?

im thinking pioneer 12 inch or fusion 12.
FUCKed subs out,
Hones
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: FRIED MY FARKEN SUBDOG Reply with quote

number one, i hate xplod stuff...

i reckon go the pioneers over fusion, and at the same time, i like clarion over pioneer, my cousin has got 2 10" pioneer VCCS style subs, with a vnet2100 amp, and they go off, better than my mates 15" clarion sub of the same amp (bridged of course).

but yeah, fusion would probably be the best sub out of the 3 brands, but u will also pay a lot more for it.

knobby...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: FRIED MY FARKEN SUBDOG Reply with quote

cough rockford cough!

but yeah fusion is awsome!
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: FRIED MY FARKEN SUBDOG Reply with quote

hey TX III, have u used much rockford stuff??? i've read through old street machine magazines and they fully rate their stuff. i haven't heard any systems with any of their stuff, but i have heard their amps are awesome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: FRIED MY FARKEN SUBDOG Reply with quote

just get a single 21 inch fusion sub that would just fuck ya stupid with bass
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: FRIED MY FARKEN SUBDOG Reply with quote

yes, yes it would

Smile
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Knobby - Rockford Reply with quote

as TX III would agree, rockford do make a fuckin great sub!

some people say that they are "old hat" but i believe they are great value for money. They are a little more pricy but well worth it.
I bought a Rockford 12" for $180 (display sub from autobarn)and it "goes off like a frog in a sock". i think matty bought one (newer model) for around the same price a year later and its fuckin crazy!

be sure to check them out: www.rockfordfosgate.com

cheers,
kev
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FRIED MY FARKEN SUBDOG Reply with quote

yeah man, i run a 12" Rockford Punch Z subdog, and 6.5" Rockford Fanatic P Splits....
i've never looked back, they are top notch!
the rest of my system is alpine, so im pretty happy with my setup, it sounds awsome!

Cheers,
Matt
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Knobby - Rockford Reply with quote

well spoken......

mine was $229, and worth every cent!
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Knobby - Rockford Reply with quote

cool, i'll be sure to have a hunt around... where abouts are you guys from? i haven't really noticed much rockford stuff around most of the car audio places i go to...

anyways, thanks heaps for the help guys

knobby...
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Knobby - Rockford Reply with quote

theys from adelaides
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Knobby - Rockford Reply with quote

ahhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: