HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

removing doors! i have the answer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuffgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: removing doors! i have the answer! Reply with quote

apart from getting out the grinder! i was told about a tool you can buy at repco which i bought today dont have a fancy name just a door pin remover, it cost $50 n although it may be expensive for what it is, its much easier, just make sure you spray the pins wit wd40 a few hours b4 makes it easier Wink n then use the tool n belt the crap outta it wit a hammer, you can use it for puttin the pins back in too, just haven't gotten that far yet,
sory for long post just thought some peeps might like to know
l8rs matt
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: removing doors! i have the answer! Reply with quote

we all know that.. its been said 1000 times
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: removing doors! i have the answer! Reply with quote

i know a guy who made a sweet one, he owned his own smash repair place & was a bit of an inventor, it was aprox 200mm bar with a pushbike brake lever on it, it was a double action mechanism and then the cable had 2 little pieces he made on a lathe connected to it, just push it thru the pin then squeeze the brake lever, it fit real tight spots too coz it was cable operated, i didnt think it would work but i saw it in action! pretty nifty!
sorry just thought i'd share my light the topic
lowrideTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: removing doors! i have the answer! Reply with quote

hey gene, i bet u 100 bucks his next post is about ball joint removers... "20 bucks from supercheap and they work real good" lol
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: removing doors! i have the answer! Reply with quote

BBAAHAHHAHHAH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: