HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stereo stops when i accelerate :'(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slinky
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject: stereo stops when i accelerate :'( Reply with quote

yes as above when i accelerate it stop then when like when i start to cruise it comes back on and like there are some extra things hooked to the battery this happend to my bros car but he is over seas so yes i cant ask him but if i got a seperate bat for the amp would it stop?????????? this is really pissing me of cuz i just paid like 800$ for sub amp an head unit and it dont work proply
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo stops when i accelerate :'( Reply with quote

Just check the wiring, its probably just a loose connection.
lowrideTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo stops when i accelerate :'( Reply with quote

is it that your amp loses power, or the head unit & amp lose power, i had this trouble with too many accesories on the same 12v wire, i dont think it has anything to do with the amp. try having the stero on a seperate fuse and wire. my trouble was a tacho running on the same circut as the stereo, whenever the shift light came on, it was drawing just too much power and it made the stereo cut out til i changeed gears.

In your case it could be the alternator as well, when working properly, you accelerate & the additional spark from your coil drains the battery to about 9 volts, the alternator keeps the charge up to 12. if the alternator regulation isnt working properly, then all your electrics will be drained on acceleration
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo stops when i accelerate :'( Reply with quote

Check your earth and power first, then connections, then check at the battery whilst running for voltage, it should be between approx 13 and 14.4 Volts, more than 12V to charge the battery whilst running. Otherwise come back with some more specifics after checkin these and we can chase the prob further...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: