HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I Hate Standard Gemini Engines...AAAAAHHHH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: I Hate Standard Gemini Engines...AAAAAHHHH Reply with quote

i am getting real sick of putting around with my 1600cc and after watching a fast fours and rotaries video it has convinced me that as soon as i start work and get some money together the coupe is getting a heart transplant. there was a TE sedan with a turbo and intercooled fj20 det and it went. dont think ill go that extreme but a 2 litre turbo or something along those lines will work a treat. will happen in the next 6 months.
baz
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I Hate Standard Gemini Engines...AAAAAHHHH Reply with quote

go the fj Very Happy its eazy conversion. Very Happy im in the middle of on enow Very Happy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: I Hate Standard Gemini Engines...AAAAAHHHH Reply with quote

I think your getting a little bias there. Any straight four would be easy once your in the middle of it. once you get talking about EJ20's and 6's however it would be a different story.

I however am in the middle of a turbo EFI 1.8L rodeo motor build. Ive got the complete bolt on part done (turbo, manifolds, intercooler, blow off, fuel system). Its only cost me $800 to date, going to end up more with the bigger turbo and so on I have decided on, now I just have to build the motor to suit and get computer and plumbing. May end up being a little more expensive than a conversion but Im expecting a lot more power than a standard FJ, SR can give. Probably not as much potential though but still enough fun for me
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I Hate Standard Gemini Engines...AAAAAHHHH Reply with quote

obviously if your gonna do a fj or sr conversion u arnt gonna leave it stock Very Happy
BTW: a stock fj20 in a gem will run a low 13.
im hoping for a low 12 high 11 Very Happy should be fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: