HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rear diff noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H3PPZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: rear diff noise Reply with quote

i have noise in the back of my car even though i have replaced all the bearings and uni joints but still have rumbeling noise....the diff is meant to whine so it acnt be the diff or can it.....it even does it when im free rolling...
TUF TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: rear diff noise Reply with quote

i had it before and it was just before my diff blew,and i have it again now so i think i better start saving for a new one... damn burnouts!!!
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: rear diff noise Reply with quote

If you both have lowered your gemini's did you get a diff alighment kit (it's a $30 bag of washes). When orderig the lowering kit for my gemi including all ajustable pan hard rods and sway bars the sales rep stated that we would need it. My mate has a TE and he had a noisy diff. The only diffrence between his car and ours mechanicly is we had a diff alighnment kit in ours and we haven't had diff noise yet. When you lower a gemi the front of the diff goes up so the tail shaft start rubbing on the top of the talk tube. so depending on how low you car is you need to put a spacer of some sort in between the front mount on the diff and the flour of the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: