HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

STEREO WOE'S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: STEREO WOE'S Reply with quote

Not mine, but the g/friend.

She has one of those expensive pioneer decks with the graphics of the dolphins and racecars, etc.

Anyways She hooked up 2 inch subs WITHOUT amp (i dont know why, i wasnt there) and it worked for about ten minutes and then it just cut out. There is still colour and it shows it playing on the head unit but no sound wants to come out of the speakers or subs.

The deck has been disconnected from the battrey and has also been reset.
Any help greatly appreciated
Chez
Hones
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: STEREO WOE'S Reply with quote

make sure that none of the speaker wires are not touching each other anywhere throughout the system as it would short it out.
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: STEREO WOE'S Reply with quote

unplug all the wiring and start again. There will most likely be a short in it. The reason she hooked the subs straight up to the head unit is cos that model pioneers has direct sub drive which is probably shit anyway, but thats the reason.
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: STEREO WOE'S Reply with quote

i have a pioneer head unit like that and the sub running off the head unit runs really well , i have a JL audio 12 and sound really good, better than cheaper subs with amps anyway
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: STEREO WOE'S Reply with quote

because pioneer has a sub pre out rated at 4 ohms just for subs using the mosphet amp chip, its good but to get really good sound you need a good amp and sub which match.
baggedit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: STEREO WOE'S Reply with quote

my mate did that and now its costing him 170 bucks because it needs a new output something !! it blows that if it fucks up !! soo take it to brisbane car sound or somewhere and see if its that!! thats what it does with my mates it has no sound but all the lights and shit work!
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: help would be good... Reply with quote

one guy said to re wire everything...
others were just bragging about how they have same unit.
whatever just need some help coz theg irlfriend is pissd off coz she has no music!!! lol
wagonnnne
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: here you go brah.... go nuts Reply with quote

i wouldnt be suprised if shes blown the outputs on the amp circuits. Even if these pioneer jobbies say than can direct drive subs its probably through bridgeing two channels in the head. (from what ive seen these units are only meant to run one sub)If tahts the case and she hooked two subs up to unbridged speaker outputs (not the bridged sub jobby) then its likely that the impedance of the subs was too low for the deck, it flowed too much current and blew the circuits.

that help a little?

check the specs of the deck (impedance loads it can handle in which modes), and how the speakers are wired at the back of the deck.

hahahaha. ok im telling you to check the wiring too, but at least you have an idea of what the problem could be. Besides if the wires are earthed they usually blow a fuse in the deck, having the unit run too low impedance speakers just overheats them till the amps blow not the fuse.

good luck
cheers
g161strokeer
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: here you go brah.... go nuts Reply with quote

yeh i got the same deck same shit happens to me all the time its just a couple of wires touching eachother so just rehook all your speakers proably and it should work if not shes blown the amp in the headunit where the lights work but it doesnt play any sound
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: STEREO WOE'S Reply with quote

If you have checked all of the wires and is not that it i most likely that she has blown some if the output signal i.c's. My boyfriend does repairs on most pioneer units here in melb for most shops all over australia (company he works for licenced pioneer repairs) this fault is a very common one in any brand. so your best bet would be to take it back were she purchased it from. They will either change it but most likely it will be sent a way for repair. Hope it is still under warrenty. other wise up for at least $80 dollars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: