HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

compatibilty??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillbie
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: compatibilty?? Reply with quote

hey guys, wanna hear a fukin funny story, three weeks ago i blew the head gasket in the stok 160, and turned out the head had pin prick holes where she coroded in, spent 450 just on the head, plus did the rest involoved in full rebuild, and then i got the seat reinforced, and repadded cause da covers where brilliant. ne way exactly a week to the hour after she was back on the road, i happen to get
t-boned not fuking kool!! i think she is rite off, but havnt got a profesional oppinion yet, that is 2moros job, the real reason for the post is, im wondering how compatible is everything in a TE with the older TD/TC/TX or the newer TF/TG cause the seats are perfect, its got brilliant stereo, all new shoks (3months old) new tyres (month and half old) new brake pads (month old) brand new engine!!! week old!!! not run in yet!!!!!!!!!! plus all other interior and engine components brilliant!!

so the plan is get another shell, and spend a full week just swapping it all over.. is it possible or am i in a fake reality.. ohh and i only had third party, and it was my fault, so i wont be getting any insurance money..
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: compatibilty?? Reply with quote

Bassicaly everything will be a bolt in deal, the only things i am unsure about would be the rails for the seats with an older pre '76 TX. I'm not sure whether they will be the same but i assume they are, the only reason i say this is coz the earlier TX's had a slightly diferent floor pan which made bolting in manual gearboxes a bit of a hassle. Mechanically everything will be fine to re-fit. But if you re-fit anything suspension wise - changing springs into a TX will slightly raise your ride height, and the TX & TC were not fitted with RTS. A common mod with with an earlier TX is to fit TE or TF lower control arms with the TX springs as it will lower your front end around another inch.
It would be a more viable option to get hold of a TE onwards model so you can re-use absolutely everything including dash componentry and any reusable panels and doors.
Somebody else may have more advice or different opinions on this subject, hope i've been of some help.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: compatibilty?? Reply with quote

seats may be a problem. eg. i have 2 tx gem's, 1 is a 75 modle built in march the ather is a 76 built in feb, both of them are very diffrent. floor pane are diffrent which means the the seats are diffrent becaurse the 75 bolt straight though the floor and the ather the rear bolts through and the front lip's over and bolt from the inside, diff are diffrent (75 modle is longer with diffrent wheel ofset it also has no sway bar on the rear, engine wise the same but the 75 has no pollution gear only a pvc valve. carb's are diffrent 75 is very simple carb with auto choke, ive seen ather with same bullshit hanging off it.
my best bet is to stick with the moble or up a moble.
phillbie
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: compatibilty?? Reply with quote

fanks guys brilliant help, but typically i wanted a coupe, but sounds like too much trb and money so ill stick with the sedans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: