HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G180 work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: G180 work Reply with quote

Hey Ive got a G180 that has been bored out 1mill, the bottom end isnt freash or anything but its in decent nick.. at least I think it is. THe bores arnt bad or anything.
Anyway my question is if I was to source a TX head, Port it and Shave it, New valve springs and seals and proberlly a 30/70 cam (thats the old setup on my old engine) do you reckon my bottem end would hold out
flatchatcharlie
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: G180 work Reply with quote

Who knows some times new engines break its just luck you can do everything possible so they dont but some still do maybe you should put rings and bearings in I just got some prices for my G200 rings $110 bearings $121 AA gasket kit $158 cheap if no machining is required and you can do the work yourself.
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: G180 work Reply with quote

I would have to agree you best bet would be to freshen it up with new rings and bearing and gaskets. Just leasen the chances of it blowing on you. Just came across an engine at my mechanics were the owner took the head away and had some work done to it and brought and refused to have the bottom end freshened up and when they went to dino tune it the thing blu the pistons a 3000rpm. Other than than that you should have no problems with it.
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: G180 work Reply with quote

test the compression, if there all fairly even then it should be fine. Its not like yoour wacking a 200hp shot of nos through it or anything. End of the day its gonig to come down to how you treat it, let it warm up, good quality oil, properly tuned etc..
cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: