HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

17" Rims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: 17" Rims Reply with quote

I'm buying a set of 17's and i want to know if i have to flare the guards at all, my guards are already rolled. also can i have them on with the stock suspension or will they rub on anything?
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: The 17's are going on a TG Gemini. Reply with quote

GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 17" Rims Reply with quote

rim width??
Offset??

you will need to know this before anyone can answer??
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 17" Rims Reply with quote

Mate of mine is running momo 17" on his TF with stock suspension. The did not rub on anything. I how ever am running 15"x6.5" with 2" lowered spring and speed humps make the rims rub on the gaurd (about to get them rolled)
The other reason that i am having the gaurds rolled is so my bmw 4 stud brake conversion makes my tyre sit out 10mm futher each side.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 17" Rims Reply with quote

ive got 17's (17x7.5) on my te (same guards and shit) with standard suspension (minus 3 coils) hehe. the guards arent even rolled and they dont scrape
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: 17" Rims Reply with quote

17x7's will fit with no mods done. But you must get the correct offset and its quite a fine line.
And you cant get any rims with the gemini hub centre size in the perfect offset so for it to be done "properly" you'll need sleeves for the centres.

Loz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: