HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:10 pm    Post subject: Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!! Reply with quote

yeh, damn, it's 38 friggin degrees, i stayed home from school 2 work on GEM1MA AND IT'S LIKE A SAUNA workin onit, done tha whole front end movin up 2 the roof today, 2 find f@ckin bog ova half the roof and then rust under that, if it was left any longer it would've created rust-holes, now i gotta strip the whole roof back 2 metal cause who knows how much more rust is unda there,
AHHHHH THE JOYS OF BUYIN A 350 DOLA GEM, THA FUN NEVA STOPS.

chris...
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!! Reply with quote

Spent most of yesterday removing tar from inside the floor pans. Whoever did them before me just slapped tar over any small bits of rust.

Needless to say its spread and there is rust in all the crevices and stuff, managed to wire brush it all out and luckily it was only surface rust but still.. aghhh
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!! Reply with quote

aaah the joys of older cars...
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!! Reply with quote

it's not the older cars faught, if there wern't such a thing called rust gems would b fine.

chris...
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!! Reply with quote

i had a heap of rust in my gold te had to do the whole front screen boot above tail lights both front doors
front pillars floor
but it was a lot of fun i'd do it again
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!! Reply with quote

Paint stripped the right rear door of my gem yesterday only to find bog and when i got all that out i got 4 reasonable dints in it but no rust lucky. But the car has rusted out in the front right pillar behind the guard.
Oh well ill get there...
MyTXisSlow
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!! Reply with quote

maybe we should send an email to the general asking for replacement chassis made out of stainless steel? they would be heavy as all fuck but wouldnt rust.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Fack i hate sandin back, n findin rust n bog!!!!!! Reply with quote

better to find it than not
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: