HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help with building engine plz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: help with building engine plz Reply with quote

can u use a g161 and a g200 or g180 block to build a g200 or g180 block sohc? if not what other parts do u need? is it worth doing this? has any1 done this b4?
p.s- already tryied a search, no info...informal answers plz

chris...
flatchatcharlie
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: help with building engine plz Reply with quote

Hi Tgemi sounds like I'm in the same situation as you I have a g161 and a g200 Im going to use the big valve TX 1600 head on the g200 botom end to pump up the compression. I have done several searches and have not found any info on the best factory parts from both engines to put together into one engine. surely if you mix and match you can build a kick arse motor from the two.Since I bought the g200 I have found out the g180 seams to be the pick of the motors due to the g180's ability to rev.I always was told there's no substitute for cubic inches thats why I went the g200.Most posts dealing with this topic are opinions not fact which does n't help.So I am still unsure of which way to go.
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: help with building engine plz Reply with quote

I have a g200 block with a big valve head on it. My block had bean board out to the second over size because the bore had been damged. I have run it with standard carbie, webbers, and after market fuel injection. All of which work rather well on this combination. With mild porting to the head so it flows a little more air. You cant go wrong. I could rev it out to 9000 rpm on the webbers as they had been jetted to supply enough fuel.
it was an absolutle beatiful engine to drive.
flatchatcharlie
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: help with building engine plz Reply with quote

what cam and springs did you run to pull those sort of revs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: