HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

trumpets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: trumpets Reply with quote

G'day everyone,
What's up, I was looking at the gemini in the latest edition of hot fours and i was having a look at the carbies... it had 2 webers but no air filter, just these trumpet things sticking up. Has anyone tried these? What are they like for performance and can they fuck up the engine coz there is no filter there?
Cheers,
Mat
InSoMnIAC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: trumpets Reply with quote

Trumpets can be and advantage on a carby thats set up correctly, but they should have a filter sock around the trumpet, some people leave them off for look, but then there is no filtration, best to buy redline or Rush filter socks and the filter oil and put them on, i think there just zip tied on or o-clamped on ?? but unless you want to be servicing your carby every 2 weeks and paying for new pistons when they get pitted and damaged then id put a sock on the trumpets
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: trumpets Reply with quote

Had trumpets on my twin webbers. mine tall and i modified my bonnet to suit. But the problem i had was could not take it out i the rain. Other problems where if it back fired t pulled alot of attention with these flames shooting out of my trumpets and also end up with a fuel film on the windscreen which makes vision very hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: