HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

has anyone?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TUF TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: has anyone????? Reply with quote

hey guys i wanna do 2 thngs to my car at the moment, and i just wanna know if anyone else has done them, ok the first is:
1- twin exhausted a gemini, like now just twin tips, i wanna have a twin exhaust from just when the exhaust goes over the diff, so all that would involve would be cutting a hole, welding a peice of exhaust pipe the same size that i have, welding those hooks that the exhaust sit on on the botton of the car, then having 2 3 inch dump pipes coming out of each end of the car! has anyone done this or anything similar??

2- Turboing a enging without injection or a computer?? has anyone done it?? ive heard of ppl putting saucepans over the carby to seal it, but i wanna hear it from someone who has actually done it, has anyone??

Thanks alot for the help guys and sorry for the long post!
cheers

Hayden
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

dont do the twin exhaust thing, depends how low the bak of ur car is though, coz nothin is worse than seein the two dumpers, then seeing the join bit
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

personally i think twin tips would look gay on a gemini as on one side youd have a cutout in the metal, and one side you wouldnt. Well thats just my opinion.

with the turbo setup... You can either have a draw through carby set up or a blow through.

This is an example of a draw through sing a weber...
http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=156&car=0

and this
http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=299&car=3
using a SU carby.

and this is an example of a blo through
http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=291&car=2

Also try using the search, and normally there is a turbo setup for sale in the car parts forum..
hope this helps
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

Reakon you could setup a blow through on twin webers?
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

wouldn't setting up a twin exhaust that way cause flow problems, eg without a proper y piece or similar??? I'm not certain, but i would speak to a custom exhaust place before puttin holes in your exhaust, it may look good or bad depending on your opinion, but it could severely affect performance...
PUNK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

hAD A GEMINI 83 tg WITH THE PIPES SPLIT AT the diff. (brought like that). They split just before the diff with a Ypeice. Could not be seen from back. They then went over the diff and dropped out behind each wheel at the back of the wheel arch chev drop style. Looked good sound bloody good to. Motor had a 45 mm weber on it and I would not say the pipes affected performance.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

"BUT D00D IT WILL MEAKE YOUAR CAR TUFF !!"

Seriously hes right it will probably screw up the flow and end up farting its arse off. The result, people will laugh at your attempt of ricing out your car.

You'd get much more performance/sound from a properly tuned 2.5 system or something.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

I think you misunderstood me, it would affect performance in the way he was suggesting to make the twin pipes, just cutting a hole in it, as i said using a y piece would be a better idea, but still you may get losses, exhaust tuning is a pretty precise thing, tune it wrong and you could lose torque in a certain area, or power, your choice, i'd choose performance or functionality over looks anyday... Speak to a well renound custom exhaust shop and see what their opinion is...
TUF TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

ok ive canned the twin exhaust idea, to much fuckin around and i pictured it and yeh it would look gay, individual but gay, but im going to do the piaza turbo with no injection, to do it im gunna use modified saucepans Wink to seal the carby, is it possible to do it with twin webbers?? coz that would be cool and i have twin webbers on at the moment, also how much roughly does anyone reccon i could pick up a complete piazza turbo set up for?? not the motor just the the turbo, manifold etc. etc?? thanks for the help guys!!

hayden
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

To turbo twin webers you would need to use a blow through set up and have a box (similar to this http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=291&car=2 but was longer and covered all the inlet holes on both webers).
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: has anyone????? Reply with quote

TUF TF: I have a blow through setup for sale if your interested. It is a weber 34adm with a brandnew stainless steel airbox and adaptor plate etc. email me if your interested at:

MadGemVan@aol.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: